In my travels around the web, I come across some pretty interesting articles.
This one on the Huffington Post wasn’t any different.
It’s titled: 10 ways to know you’re ready for a relationship.And being the curious little thing I clicked the link to read the article. Because you know, there’s never enough self-improvement available for one and who knows, I might learn something new.
Their first paragraph actually caught me. Because it’s something I believe sets a great foundation for your own relationship foundation. And that’s being ready for a relationship.
What does ready mean though?
For me, it means that I’m at a place in my life where I don’t need a relationship, I’m happy, I’m healthy and I’m enjoying my life. It means that I’ve got a balance worked out and that whether I share my journey or not, I’ll be ok and I know I’m ok.
Here’s the 10 points that the article makes:
- Be as good as you can, as often as you can.
- You’ll put someone else’s interests ahead of your own
- You understand the importance of communication
- You’ve got some semblance of a path in life
- You can let the little things slide
- You’re ready to accept someone as they are
- You don’t look for someone to complete you
- You are happy being single
- Your ex is no longer a factor
- You are ready to blend your life into someone else’s.